Manushi Chhillar : 7 things you need to know about this beautiful lady!
This girl has made every Indian proud! India’s Manushi Chhillar on Saturday won the coveted Miss World 2017 pageant in China, 17 years after Priyanka Chopra won the title in 2000. The 20-year-old from Haryana, who is a medical student, edged out top five contestants from England, France, Kenya, and Mexico at the event, which saw participation from 118 countries.
Manushi participated in the Femina Miss India 2017 representing Haryana and was crowned Miss Photogenic and eventually won the title of Miss India which gave her an opportunity to represent the country at the Miss World 2017 competition.
Here are things to know about this extraordinary girl who achieved big at the world platform:-
1 . Apart from the Miss World title, Manushi, the young medical student from Haryana, also won the ‘Beauty with Purpose’ award. Chhillar began to use her position of fame during the course of the beauty pageant itself. For her ‘Beauty with a Purpose’ project for Miss World 2017, she decided to spread awareness about menstrual hygiene through her initiative ‘Project Shakti’.
2. In the question and answer round, Manushi was asked: “Which profession deserves the highest salary and why? To this Manushi replied, “I think a mother is of the highest respect. I don’t think it’s just about cash but love and respect she gives to someone. She is the biggest inspiration in my life. A mother should get the highest respect.”
3. Manushi loves to write poetry and paint whenever she is free. She feels it brings out the creativity within her.
4. Born to doctor parents, Manushi is currently studying for a Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine and Surgery. She has ambitions to be a Cardiac Surgeon and would like to open a chain of non-profitable hospitals based in rural areas.
5. Manushi has a passion for outdoor sports and actively participates in paragliding, bungee jumping, snorkeling and scuba diving.
6. In the year 2014, she got an opportunity to represent India at the cultural exchange programme in Japan. She performed Kuchipudi in a high school in Sapporo City.
7. She is a trained Indian Classical dancer and has trained under legendary dancers Raja, Radha and Kaushalya Reddy. She has also been a part of The National School of Drama.
Congratulations Manushi, you have made us proud!!